History of Our Church
History of the
1909 - 2010
The church was chartered in 1909 by Elder Fred W. Stray, president of the New Hampshire Conference. The Conference office was in
The first known Seventh-day Adventists in
In August 1909 tent meetings were held on
As a result of these meetings, Alive Hutchinson who was an Adventist Christian, was taken in by profession of faith. Her sister was baptized on
They first met officially as a church in the Ward House on
They then went to the Odd Fellows Hall on
In 1913, D.K. Boyer, Conference President, lived in Pembroke and he and his family took the trolley car to church.
In September, 1924, business meetings were held relating to the need of a church building and a church school. A building committee was formed.
In October they met and voted to buy two lots on
Brother Chase made plans to purchase standing lumber at $10.00 a thousand and pay $4.00 a thousand to saw it.
Plans were drawn up to use the Iron Works Rd. Chapel as an example.
During this time the first church school was being held at
June 1929 they decided to buy the building on
Our building on
Pastor Dennis Campbell became the pastor of the
In 1985 the church began renting the
It was during the pastor ship of George Whitsett, 1990-1993 that the congregation celebrated their first Sabbath in the sanctuary.
The congregation has had three more pastors since that time, Richard Rose, Ken Baumgarten, and our current pastor, Cliff Gleason.